Do not try this at home



I'm still cracking through the list of things that'll ensure I successfully and vividly relive 1998. I've already changed my profile pictures, phone, games console, music and film choices. But don't worry, there's lost more to do.

The other night I was drunk enough to be able to cross out number 9 on my list of target activites: Smoke a cigarette. In 1998 (for most of the 90s, in fact) I was passionately addicted to Marlboro Lights, consuming 10 to 20 of the evil little bastards each and every day. It wasn't until a couple of years later that Allan Carr's book completely changed my life by allowing me to stop completely (and surprisingly easily).

The verdict? I'm happy to report that it tasted foul, despite the fact that it was mild rolling tobacco delivered in a licorice paper. I coughed - in an annoying, tickly way - all the way to work the next day. In fact, it's now three days later and I can still taste it. I can't believe I used to smoke so much and still function.

And what have we learnt from this little exercise? If you're thinking of smoking, don't. It makes you ill. If you're thinking of stopping, buy this book. Actually, I've got two copies at home. If you are serious about stopping just email me and I'll send one to you.

Phew. Glad we got that over with. What's next on the list? Oh dear.
THE END.
 
 
Copyright © The 1998 Project
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com